How to Block Stolen/Snatched or Misplaced Mobile Phone In Pakistan by PTA is the best method to block your Phone in an easy way and save your important information in the phone. Following is the complete instructions to block the snatched phone.
How to Report Mobile Phone Theft?
If your mobile phone handset has been stolen/snatched or misplaced, you can lodge a complaint with PTA in the following ways to get it blocked:
- PTA Helpline: 0800-25625
- Email PTA at: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Visit PTA Headquarters or nearest PTA Zonal office
- The complainant can also contact Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) helplines: 1102, 021-35662222 or 021-35682222 for lodging complaint of snatched I stolen/lost mobile phone.
What Information to provide for Mobile Phone Blocking by PTA?
- All it of Stolen/lost Mobile Phone
- Mobile number (used in stolen/lost phone)
- Brand/model/color Date of incident
- Name CNIC number
- Father’s name/Mother’s name Address
- Contact number
The status of blocking can be checked after 16._woricing hours of reporting in the following ways:
SMS: Send 15-digit IMEI to 8484
Android App: Check the status of the device via the android application (DVS) Once blocked, the following status shall be displayed against the stolen IMEI search: “Your mobile device (IMEI is blocked (Reported Stolen/Lost/Misused to PTA)”.
How to Block Stolen/Snatched or Misplaced Mobile Phone In Pakistan by PTA
- PTA,s mandate is only limited to blocking of the phone in order to trace/track a stolen phone, Local police may be approached.
- False reporting is a criminal offense and will be dealt as per law.